The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Meditation

4 posters

Go down

Dark Meditation Empty Dark Meditation

Post  Godsmack Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:57 pm

I remember reading this particular mediation from another spiritual Pagan board. This meditation is a little bit different from most. Most visual meditations include bathing in light, using light, becoming light, etc. Hardly ever do you hear about the darkness. The darkness is something all of us must become familiar with. It is not something to ignore, fear or hate, as it is part of creation and a part of your very soul. Remember, the God and Goddess are both manifestations of those extremes and complement one another.
This meditation is pretty simple. It was hard for me to imagine, though. Maybe you'll get what I mean lol

Try to do this particular meditation without any light whatsoever. It'll make it much easier.

Imagine yourself, dressed in the most white, brilliant, pristine robes you can imagine. Now, imagine that you are completely surrounded by true darkness. There is no light whatsoever, only the void surrounds you. You are the only source of light found within this void, but even your light is swallowed by the darkness. The darkness begins to seep into you, taking over you. First, your white robe is consumed by it. There is no more light. Then, your body. Starting from your skin, to every sinew in your muscles and down to your very bones and marrow. The darkness has swallowed you. You have now become the darkness.

Take some moments to meditate on this feeling. What do you feel? You are now part of the infinite darkness. You are infinite darkness. You and the dark are one.

Last edited by Godsmack on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Dark Meditation Empty Re: Dark Meditation

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 pm

I certainly plan on trying this, in fact I think I will try it today. I find dark meditation to the most conducive for me. And by dark meditation, I mean listening to dark meditation music or satanic chants. In fact, I may try to post a few songs to use that I really enjoy. That's been pretty much the extent of meditating darkly for me.

I will be sure to post my results to this particular meditation after I've tried. Thanks for the share baby.
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Son of Raven Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:24 pm

"One must experience darkness before experiencing light." Before you were born you were enveloped in darkness, so to speak, until you are brought screaming into the light. I view darkness not as a malignant force but rather more as birth, rebirth, discovery and rediscovery (among other things). These were some of the things that went through my head after I read this. I'm very eager to try this the next time I meditate. Thanks for posting it.

Son of Raven
God
God

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:29 am

I agree that darkness is a virtue that will inevitably be endured. We must also encounter dark energy in order to be able to embrace the lighter energy with true meaning. I suppose what I mean is that one must experience perfect darkness before they experience perfect light. It is important to exercise with dark forces to become well-rounded as an enlightened being.
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down