The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right and Wrong, Good and Evil

5 posters

Go down

Right and Wrong, Good and Evil Empty Right and Wrong, Good and Evil

Post  Jas DelaLuna Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:23 pm

What many people fail to realize, is that a great deal of the worlds perception of "good" and "evil" are based on untrue Christian doctrine. So where then, do we draw the line between what is truly morally acceptable and what is wrong?

The answer: We don't. Right and Wrong exist independent of us, and sometimes don't line up with our own perception at all. We have to accept that willing something to be right or wrong, doesn't make it right or wrong. For example, it is a huge taboo for family members to marry. However, if the couple doesnt reproduce, they arent hurting anyone in any way. Despite the World considering it wrong, the Universe/Divinity would let it continue on as morally acceptable.

We MUST also realize that there is no hell. This seems like a simple enough statement, but have you considered all that it implies? Rapists, Murderers, Thieves, Arsonists, Pagans, Gays none of them go to hell. They die and get reincarnated like everyone else. It is tough for most of us to accept, because it smashes our entire old perception of Good and Evil. However, we dont have to agree with it for it to be true.

So one might ask, if there isnt a Supreme Divine Being in the sky judging us (Divinity is just energy, like us, remember?), and there is no hell, and our personal perception doesn't matter: "DOES EVIL EVEN EXIST?"

The answer: Yes and No... Not evil as we have come to know it growing up, but there is Wrong. And if somethings are just wrong, and there is nothing beyond that, then its only a matter of semantics if we call it Evil or not. "What about Murder?" Most of you are asking in your head right now. Remember what I said? Just because the World considers it Evil doesnt mean it IS evil... so Murder isnt neccesarily Evil beyond a doubt. So the next question is, why are we all born and raised believing beyond a doubt that murder is evil, anyway? Thats simple: Conditioning. Through conditioning over many many many years, murder has become recognized by anyone as evil.

So WHY? Why do we condition ourselves generation after generation that Murder is evil? the answer to that question is not set in stone. A lot of it has to do with our human fear of Death. We look at death as the be all end all of Life. So we view taking someone's life as evil out of fear, because we dont want to accept that in reality, there is no hell for those murderers to be afraid of.

Now before everyone starts throwing their computer out the window and writing me off as crazy, let me conclude. Murder IS wrong (more than likely although we have no way of proving it). It is wrong, because when we take the life of another, it causes our own soul to fragment and tear, damaging us. It turns the murderer into something broken... something not all the way human. Such a tearing of the soul is never meant to happen to that degree (some smaller things cause Soul Fragmentation to a much smaller degree). This happens because it is a natural reaction to the energies of your soul choosing to collide with the energies of another soul by choosing to end their life before their predetermined time.

On a final note, some of you may be thinking, "Thats it? they get a tear in their soul and get to start over fresh in their next reincarnation?" Yup thats it, like I said, there being no hell changes many things. However, as humans, WE are the designated gaurdians and judges of this dimension. if someone wrongs us, there is no higher authority above us. We can chose to be the hands of karma and deal out our own punishment and retribution to those who do us wrong. Thats right, I'm, talking about revenge. After all, some people deserved to be punished for their actions and how they treat others, and if we as humans dont do something about it, no one will.

(Why do you think we invented courts and prisons, haha).

If you read this whole article, I hope you learned a lot. Please feel free to comment discuss and such. : )
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Right and Wrong, Good and Evil Empty Re: Right and Wrong, Good and Evil

Post  Xsymirenightx95 Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 pm

Murder is wrong yet its Right...
Karma does take care of most all things but sometimes Murder is called for. Say your a police officer, you might have to kill someone to save someone....

According to the world being in love with the person i am is wrong and evil, I am not hurting anyone by loving them am I? i should think not. The person I am is the perfect me:)

I really grasped what you were telling Me (everyone) thank you for posting it!
Hope, Love, & Peace
Samantha Lynn (Adwin)
Xsymirenightx95
Xsymirenightx95
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:41 pm

I love that you signed it Adwin! lol Nope sweetie you are not hurting anyone by loving who you love. Just like I said in the post, peoples perception of wrong isnt correct a lot of times
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Xsymirenightx95 Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 pm

I go by many names:P hahaha♥
Xsymirenightx95
Xsymirenightx95
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:37 am

I like this article lol
I think there is indeed good and bad. We all come from Divinity and I believe we were indeed, as the Bible says, "created in His (in this case Their) image". If this is true, we carry on the beliefs of the Divine. It is wrong to take the life of another for the mere thrill or pleasure of it. However, as Sam mentioned, sometimes a life must be taken in order to save the life of another (perhaps even hundreds, thousands or even millions). Take Adolf Hitler for example. If his life had been taken before he slaughtered so many, millions of lives would have been saved... unless it was part of the Divine plan, which is always difficult to determine. We are Gods and Goddesses in our existence, though. WE control OUR lives and we can choose to affect all others in good ways or bad.
That's my opinion, though lol

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 am

I'd be down to kill Hitler, but in the end, it would still cause soul fragmentation
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:55 am

The cause would be noble, though lol I'd be willing to take that sacrifice for the poor souls that died
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:59 am

Hell yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd still do it. Thats the whole point of this post, realizing that anything you choose to do is okay, so long as you are okay with the natural consequences
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Xsymirenightx95 Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:12 pm

well i was a nazi in my past life
Xsymirenightx95
Xsymirenightx95
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:15 pm

lol indeed you were. At least you werent Hitler though ^_^
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Right and Wrong, Good and Evil Empty Good and Evil

Post  jman Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:35 pm

For a all of a small part I agree and though I don't share the same idea and concept or reincarnation or life as the rest of you I agree with all I read=) If no one gets mad or anything I'm gonna give it from an agnostic Atheists point of view. Good and evil ans mentioned before me is all about point of view and how we see it, Hitler (to continue using his name lol) saw it to be good on earth resources and for the fact that he believed he was the perfect race to kill so many and necessary where as we view it as totally wrong and disgusting. Am I at all saying I agree with murder or things of that nature.. NO but I am saying some do and to them it is GOOD and because we all exist of one big psychological psyche it is not true that any correct answer pertains because we all view our set of opinion as correct, other wise whats the point in having them in the first place right? So to me right and wrong are of view point, thats it period on that aspect for me because that is it.

Now for morals lol oh goody an atheist preaching about morals right? I know roll your eyes its ok though its not gonna be bad. We all have our understanding of what morals are, aside from correct and incorrect, right and wrong, good and bad, it is the set of moral STANDARDS we inherit for ourselves. Whether that be from our parents, personal experiences, or religion. It is completely differing from the above covered, because it is our Motive for doing something and view on its purpose that differentiate the two aspects from one another.

ALL JUST MY OWN UNDERSTANDING don't say wow hes an a hole because believe me I'm not "set" in my thinking.
jman
jman
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Morals can even be brought into the theory of evolution. By doing bad things, you inhibit others and the ability to grow. If you kill another person, you have destroyed the possibility of them procreating or contributing to society and, therefore, inhibiting the survivability of your species. Others might argue that since the person was "stronger" that it'd be a matter of survival of the fittest... however, human beings don't operate as most other species. We are made differently and think differently.
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:05 pm

I really dont see too many differences between us and other mammals. There is a degree of seperation, obviously. However, I think we are much more alike than different.

Its been said that the ability to choose between right and wrong is something unique to humans, on this earth. I would modify it, the ability to judge things as right or wrong is unique to humans.

And the reason why its unique to humans, in my opinion, is that is because it is flawed. Animals dont erroneously judge things as good and evil. Ideally, neither should we. We shouldnt have to, when guided by instinct and love.
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:41 am

This was a very interesting read. I believe in setting moral standards for yourself, and setting said moral standards into your children. Its just difficult and so controversial because, as its been stated, we all different views on right and wrong. I believe that if we all simply believe in being a "good" (by most standards) person that there would be no need for murder, violence, etc. For example, if EVERYONE (period, everyone) believed in living as a "good" person, we would pretty much be a Utopian society, which is what I believe the founders of America tried to do. However, its so difficult and pretty much impossible for every being of this Earth to believe and accept the same principles. In this lifetime, we will NOT see this Utopian society. All we can really do is instill our morals and beliefs in our children and in others as we see fit to try and make it possible for generations after us to achieve a Utopia. Because of the generation we were born and the time we are allowed on Earth in this form (life expectancy) we are mere stepping stones in setting in stone "real" differences in good and evil, it is just very difficult to define "good" and "evil" to a T because of course there are people who will always disagree. Disagreements between what is truly good and what is truly evil, I believe, is WHY our Earth is what it is now.
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I agree that the disagreements over good and evil have a lot to do with our place in the world today. Yes, that is all one has to do, to focus on being a responsible and respectful person. Utopia will not happen in our lifetime I agree, although I still believe it will happen eventually or CAN happen, rather.

Also I strongly agree that it is our responsibility as pagans and protectors of this Earth to raise children, and to do so in such a way that raises the vibration of the planet.
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 pm

I do agree that it can happen, I was just clarifying that it will not (highly unlikely, anyway) for it to happen in our lifetime. And, as you had said in meeting, that some people actually ARE predestined to murder, commit sex crimes, etc but we as civilized beings have to try and fight the urge, and as any species does, I believe we could actually evolve as a species as a whole and no one will murder and commit these crimes. Imagine if ALL heinous crimes were to stop instantaneously tomorrow, in due time we would evolve as a species and no one would really even know what "murder" was.
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down