The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healing Ethics Discussion

3 posters

Go down

Healing Ethics Discussion Empty Healing Ethics Discussion

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:39 am

Let's suppose you had a dear friend or family member who was experiencing a health crisis, physical or mental. You believe you have the will, the means, and just reason to perform a powerful healing spell. You are quite certain that you could have a powerful and life saving affect on your loved one's health.

However, for whatever reason you do not have that person's blessing. Perhaps, the person is in a coma and cannot give their blessing. Or perhaps the person is angry with you at the moment, and although you love them, they don't want your help. Maybe the person is unedcated and believe that magick is a prducto devil-worship. Or maybe the person is not in the appropriate mental mindset. Perhaps the reason is something else entirely.

Would you perform the healing ritual anyway?
Remember, you desperately love this person, and believe that you could really have a powerful, osiive affect on thier health.

I am not a Wiccan, and my "off limits" list is a lot smaller than a wiccan's might be. I would perform the healing ritual, with or without their knowledge if I felt called to. What are your views on the topic?
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Healing Ethics Discussion Empty Re: Healing Ethics Discussion

Post  witchx Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:05 am

I don't feel that it would be necessary to have the person's blessing unless you felt too compelled personally to do the ritual without their consent. This would most likely NOT affect my feelings towards it. You raise an interesting point though ^_^
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:28 pm

witchx wrote: unless you felt too compelled personally to do the ritual without their consent.

I think I may have misunderstood what you meant by this part lol. Mind clarifying for me? (Hope Im not being slow haha)
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:10 am

The way I worded that was a bit confusing, lol. I just meant that I would do the ritual, with or without consent, unless I felt like I was in the wrong by doing the ritual and felt like I needed to get their consent for whatever reason. As you said though, because I am not Wiccan, my "off limits" list would also be shorter.
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:10 pm

I would do it, without their blessing. Most of the people I know who I care about don't believe in magick and, if they do, they believe it is from the devil. That being said, they'd want nothing to do with it. If it worked, then I'd debate whether or not I should say anything lol

If you are Wiccan, then you cannot perform the healing because of the rules you abide by.
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down