The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archangels

4 posters

Go down

Archangels Empty Archangels

Post  Jas DelaLuna Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Archangels

The Meaning of Archangels

Archangels serve ONE purpose, they are here to help and serve us. They have no space or time restrictions and can be everywhere at once to aid and assist you. They also serve to offer us Divine guidance, and are simply manifestations of the Divine energy source the flows through all things.

The medieval Celestial Hierarchy is a method for classification used still today in angelology (the study of angels). In the Celestial Hierarchy, Archangels fall into the eighth of nine levels. Most Archangels (all of them, other than two that are known), have names that end in the suffix “el”. “El” means “in God” and follows the first part of the archangels’ name and describes the archangels’ “specialty”.

Christianity?

The names of the fifteen archangels that I will post about today are gathered from Jewish, Cabalistic, Christian, and Islamic ancient spiritual practices, texts, and beliefs. These are not the same way that angels are recognized by these religions today, as in ancient times there was a great deal of mysticism involved in each of these practices. For this reason, the Archangels are what I have dubbed “areligious” and worked with by practitioners of many paths, religious and nonreligious alike.
A large amount of the information available from historical texts are written from a Christian perspective, and it should be noted that Archangels, although “areligious” are heavily influenced by and rooted in Judeo-Christian beliefs. There was one specific point in Christian history that had a long-lasting effect on the public’s knowledge of archangels. It was during the “reign” of Pope Zachary of the Roman Catholic Church. Pope Zachary believed that the public’s interest in the archangels had been approaching idolatry. The Pope then decided to “officially” remove the names of seven archangels from the accepted list. However, those seven archangels are still included in the list I have provided below.

The Archangels

The list of archangels that I have included in this article is not all inclusive. The actual number of archangels is not agreed upon, but these are the angels that I feel comfortable listing. Along with the Archangel’s name I have included the meaning of their name and the religious origin of the angel.

Ariel- The name means “Lion of God”. Ariel is Cabalistic in origin.

Azrael – The name means “Whom God helps”. Azrael is Hebrew and Muslim in origin.

Chamuel- The name means “He who sees God”. Chamuel is Judeo-Christian in origin.

Chamuel is of Judeo-Christian origin. It is said that Chamuel is the seer of God, and is among the Angels of Love. He is associated with the Heart chakra. It is also said that when you get the flutter in stomach, or "butterflies in your stomach", that Chamuel is with you. Chamuel helps renew and improve relationships in your life. He is also associated greatly with the finding of one's soulmate. Chamuel is called upon to improve parent-child bonds. Chamuel can also help with world peace, career, life purpose, and finding lost things. The planetary aspect of Chamuel is Earth, working with him may best be done in a garden, and it is suggested to use pink candles and crystals when calling upon and praying to him. Other aliases are; Lord Chamuel, Archangel of Love, Archangel of the Third Ray, Angel of Adoration.

Sources: http://www.healing-journeys-energy.com/angels-archangel-chamuel.html#axzz1ipjYvoRf ; http://www.theangelwhispers.org/chamuel.html ; http://www.ascension-research.org/chamuel.htm

Gabriel- The name means “Strength of God”. Gabriel is Judeo-Christian in origin.

Haniel- The name means “Grace of God”. Haniel is Babylonian and Cabalistic in origin.

Jeremiel- The name means “Mercy of God”. Jeremiel is Judaic in origin.

Jophiel- The name means “Beauty of God”. Jophiel is Judeo-Christian in origin.

Metatron- The name means “He who occupies the throne next to the divine throne”. Metatron is Judaic and Cabalistic in origin.

He is Judaic in origin. The meaning of his name is still unknown since his name is 'made up' in the sense that it is not derived from another word. Many say his name means "One who occupies the throne next to the throne of glory". Some also say his name means to 'guard and protect'. It is also said that to have a 'name like the Master' (Shaddai, which I believe is one of the many names of God).

Some speculate as to how he came to be. Some people say that he was created by God at the beginning of time. Others, however, believe that he was Enoch and was later made into an angel.

Metatron has many duties in heaven. He is the Supreme Scribe who writes all things that happen in heaven. He is also the Supreme Angel of Death as God tells him which souls have to be taken. Yet another duty he has is communicating all God's wishes to the angels Gabriel and Sammael. Metatron is the direct link between the Divine and Humanity.

One thing that really intrigued me as I read up on him was the fact that he was sometimes equated to Hermes and Thoth.(Hermes came to me in a meditation and he is also equated to Thoth) Thoth was the Supreme Scribe in the Egyptian pantheon. Here we clearly see the relation between Metatron and Thoth. Hermes was a psychopomp; he was in charge of guiding the souls of the dead to the afterlife. Here we also see the relation between Metatron and Hermes.

Metatron helps in these aspects:
-Balancing Masculine and Feminine Energies
-Balancing Material and Spiritual Pursuits
-Balancing Karmic Issues
-Bringing Peace and Understanding to Your Life (Past and Current Incarnations)
-Promoting Better and More Fulfilling Relationships

Here is an example of an Invocation for those who wish to call upon him:
"Archangel Metatron, wise counselor and genuine friend of humanity,
I speak to you now to forge a connection with you,
A connection I hope to make stronger with each passing day.
I hope to know you better.
I hope to open my eyes, ears, and heart to your knowledge and wisdom.
I hope, with your help, to become the person I am meant to be.
Please know that it is my sincere desire to be of service to God and humanity as I forge this connection,
And help me to understand how I may best serve God’s plan.
Thank you and bless you. And so it is, amen."

Metatron is just as available to us as all other angels. He is here to help us, as all other angels. Do not be afraid to call upon him for any reason. He will help you in all situations, big or small.

Michael- The name means “Who is like God”. Michael is Judeo-Christian in origin.

Michael is one of the mos popular archangels. He's known for being a protector of God and all good things in existence. If ever you feel you are in danger (especially from a malignant spirit/energy, he's a great angel to work with. He is known as a great warrior as he carries around a flaming sword that cuts down all evil. Naturally, his element is fire and his direction is South.

Raguel- The name means “Friend of God”. Raguel is Judeo-Christian in origin.

Raphael- The name means “Healing power of God”. Raphael is Judeo-Christian in origin.

Raziel- The name means “Secrets of God”. Raziel is Judaic and Cabalistic in origin.

Raziel is a predominantly Jewish figure whom is known as the "Keeper of Secrets" and the "Angel of Mysteries". He wears a liquid gray robe, has blue wings, and a golden aura around his head. His book, Sefer Raziel HaMalach ("Book of Raziel the Angel"), is considered to be a Book of Magic. The book has been passed down generations, beholders including Adam and Eve and Noah, who used its wisdom to build the Arc. The last known whereabouts of the book lie with Soloman.

Sandalphon- The meaning of the name of Sandalphon is unknown. Sandalphon is Judaic and Cabalistic in origin.

Different sources tell different things about this archangel. Some say his name means "co-brother" because he is Archangel Metatron's twin brother. In others, his name is said to mean "one who wears sandals". I, personally, lean more towards the first definition, as it makes more sense from a spiritual perspective. He is said to be the tallest of all angels. In Hebrew, he is often called Ophan, which means "wheel", a reference to "wheel within a wheel" from the vision that Ezekiel had of the merkabah (chariot).

He is said to be the angel of prayer and music, which are both holy and very spiritual things. Often times, he is the angel people ask for deliverance of their prayers and spiritual songs up to God. He is also sought for spiritual guidance; people ask him to help them learn about their God given talents to better the world.

He is said to have once been the prophet Elijah before he ascended and became an archangel. This is similar to Metatron, as Metatron was said to have originally been the prophet Enoch.

Sandalphon's colors are turquoise and white. He is often depicted playing music or being very tall.

Sandalphon is one of the angels who surrounds the throne of God, just as his brother Metatron (although Metatron holds the throne next to the throne of God, which is the meaning of his name).

Sandalphon is also said to be the angel who is in charge of the planet Earth. He is one of the angels who is in a constant battle with the supposed evil angel Samael (who may be considered Satan, although it is not certain), alongside the angel Michael.

Sandalphon is the angel who is in charge of deciding the gender of children before they are born.

Uriel- The name means “God is light”. Uriel is Judeo-Christian in origin.

Zadkiel- The name means “Righteousness of God”. Zadkiel is Cabalistic in origin.

Last edited by Jas DelaLuna on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 8 times in total
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Archangels Empty Re: Archangels

Post  Xsymirenightx95 Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Can you pray to any of them to recieve help? or whaT?>
Xsymirenightx95
Xsymirenightx95
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Yes you can call on any of the Archangels when you feel that you need their help and energy. A google search of some of these angels names from my article will probably tell you what each of them specialize in helping with. Also hopefully a lot of us will post articles about individual archangels here, like Manny's "Metatron" article. Metatron is also on this achangels list.
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Xsymirenightx95 Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:45 pm

I just wondered...Smile thank you
Xsymirenightx95
Xsymirenightx95
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:14 pm

You can work with any of these angels at any time; all you need to so is call upon them. Michael is one of the most popular archangels. He's known for being a protector of God and all good things in existence. If ever you feel you are in danger (especially from a malignant spirit/energy) he's a great angel to work with. He is known as a great warrior as he carries around a flaming sword that cuts down all evil. Naturally, his element is fire.
That's just a bit about Michael lol

Last edited by Godsmack on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:12 am

Thank you for the information on Michael baby. I'd like to add to that, Michael is the archangel of the South ^_^ Which is implied by his element...

I am going to add your Michael information under his name, in my above article.

EVERYONE ELSE:

Angel articles on the archangels named in this list would be greatly appreciated! Were looking for small to medium well summarized and general information, in your own words and not copied and pasted please ^_^ Manny's Michael article above is a great example. A few basic facts provided in a convenient manner Very Happy
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Archangels Empty Raziel

Post  witchx Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:25 am

RAZIEL

Raziel is a predominantly Jewish figure whom is known as the "Keeper of Secrets" and the "Angel of Mysteries". He wears a liquid gray robe, has blue wings, and a golden aura around his head. His book, Sefer Raziel HaMalach ("Book of Raziel the Angel"), is considered to be a Book of Magic. The book has been passed down generations, beholders including Adam and Eve and Noah, who used its wisdom to build the Arc. The last known whereabouts of the book lie with Soloman.
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:27 am

Archangel Sandalphon-

Different sources tell different things about this archangel. Some say his name means "co-brother" because he is Archangel Metatron's twin brother. In others, his name is said to mean "one who wears sandals". I, personally, lean more towards the first definition, as it makes more sense from a spiritual perspective. He is said to be the tallest of all angels. In Hebrew, he is often called Ophan, which means "wheel", a reference to "wheel within a wheel" from the vision that Ezekiel had of the merkabah (chariot).

He is said to be the angel of prayer and music, which are both holy and very spiritual things. Often times, he is the angel people ask for deliverance of their prayers and spiritual songs up to God. He is also sought for spiritual guidance; people ask him to help them learn about their God given talents to better the world.

He is said to have once been the prophet Elijah before he ascended and became an archangel. This is similar to Metatron, as Metatron was said to have originally been the prophet Enoch.

Sandalphon's colors are turquoise and white. He is often depicted playing music or being very tall.

Sandalphon is one of the angels who surrounds the throne of God, just as his brother Metatron (although Metatron holds the throne next to the throne of God, which is the meaning of his name).

Sandalphon is also said to be the angel who is in charge of the planet Earth. He is one of the angels who is in a constant battle with the supposed evil angel Samael (who may be considered Satan, although it is not certain), alongside the angel Michael.

Sandalphon is the angel who is in charge of deciding the gender of children before they are born.
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Kylie, excellent article! You did exactly what we were looking for, spot on. Why do you never cease to amaze me? Also, I happen to love the Archangel you chose. One of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite. Did you learn anything?

Its important to remember that the reason we are learning about the Archangels is that they will be your number one source of spiritual assistance, if only you ask them.

Manny, you already know your articles great :p
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Archangels Empty Archangel Chamuel

Post  witchx Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Chamuel

Chamuel is of Judeo-Christian origin. It is said that Chamuel is the seer of God, and is among the Angels of Love. He is associated with the Heart chakra. It is also said that when you get the flutter in stomach, or "butterflies in your stomach", that Chamuel is with you. Chamuel helps renew and improve relationships in your life. He is also associated greatly with the finding of one's soulmate. Chamuel is called upon to improve parent-child bonds. Chamuel can also help with world peace, career, life purpose, and finding lost things. The planetary aspect of Chamuel is Earth, working with him may best be done in a garden, and it is suggested to use pink candles and crystals when calling upon and praying to him. Other aliases are; Lord Chamuel, Archangel of Love, Archangel of the Third Ray, Angel of Adoration.

Sources: http://www.healing-journeys-energy.com/angels-archangel-chamuel.html#axzz1ipjYvoRf ; http://www.theangelwhispers.org/chamuel.html ; http://www.ascension-research.org/chamuel.html

witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:15 pm

I love all the contributions, thank you to everyone who has written an article. Now that we also have the Demon Index we are working on, we have A LOT of articles to write Smile We are going to have one of the best resources on angels and demons around Smile
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum