The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Existence of Deities

3 posters

Go down

The Existence of Deities Empty The Existence of Deities

Post  Godsmack Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 am

I figured I'd post a bit about the way I've interpreted Divinity and how different deities can co-exist. Monotheists all believe in one god, however, I disagree. I am a Panentheist, which is similar to a Pantheist. Pantheists believe that Divinity exists within the Universe, as It is the Universe. Panentheists are similar, but with one important key component. We believe that Divinity does indeed exist within the Universe, as It is the Universe, however, we also believe that Divinity exists outside the Universe. For me, nothing is grander than Divinity; Divinity is bigger than the infinite Universe.

Anyway, taking from the author Christopher Penczak, he described Divinity as a giant diamond. The whole diamond represents The Great Spirit. The two biggest faces of the diamond are God and Goddess. From there on, all the other faces are different deities that have existed. That being said, Isis, Thor, Poseidon, Gaia, and all the other deities you can name are all one and the same, but different aspects of The Great Spirit.

When you look at it that way, it seems to make more sense. All can exist simultaneously. One conclusion I have come to, though, is that gods and goddesses can only exist if human beings (or other beings) believe in them.
What are your thoughts on this?

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.

Last edited by Jas DelaLuna on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hard on the eyes, fixed by seperating paragraphs)
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

The Existence of Deities Empty Re: The Existence of Deities

Post  witchx Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:17 am

I've always had the thought that (human) beings have to believe in something for it to exist. The world is so complex is difficult to even begin trying to explain certain concepts, I envy those that can put what I think/feel/see into words.
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:48 am

Yes, I almost want to recommend Ascension Magick to you Kylie. It was written by the author Manny mentioned above, Christopher Penczak. It is really long, but this is because he is a great storyteller when explaining these things, and he backs up every piece of information with sources via footnotes. Definitely a reliable source. The book itself deals with the actual Inner Spiritual side of paganism/magick/etc. Focusing mostly on Ascension, including topics of Astral Projection, Enlightenment, The Dimensions, The Afterlife/Reincarnation, Meditation, and Deities/Gods/Spirits.

That being said. To comment more specifically on the topic:

One of the most important things Manny mentioned, in my opinion, is that Deities cannot exist without belief in them. I agree. Many Deities were once nothing more than human creation. However, over the course of many lifetimes, those myths and legends were given a great deal of Thought and Belief, and therefore energy. This energy allows the Deity to have "form" so to speak. I would like to add, Deities can also change if the energy that gives them form also changes. A great example was the Christian takeover of Rome and Greece. Many of their pagan deities were either wiped out due to censorship and oppression of the people who believed in them, or if not wiped out, at least pushed into obscurity. Or, they were kept alive by the Christians, but demonized to represent "Evil" (these Deities joined the ranks of Gods called Demons).

To me, and to many others like me, Demons are not lesser spirits like Angels, but rather a pantheon of Deities. Many consider them Lesser Gods, which in many ways is true. They are obscure, difficult to work with, and feared. However they are also "replete with wisdom" as the word Demon translates into.

My theory is that, like Manny, the Universe is not the "biggest". I too am a Panentheist, however I do sometimes struggle between Panentheism and Pantheism. I see Divinity as being all of existence, and that the Whole (being Divinity) is greater than the sum of its parts (the Universe). Almost like 1+1=3.

Right now I am playing around with the idea that the truest source of Divinity emmenates from a Primordial Chaos that exists "outside" the Universe. This is a place without form or structure and to say its "outside" the Universe isnt completely accurate because spatial terminology cannot really describe it, because it exists far beyond our three dimensions.

Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:40 am

I'll take the time to actually write down all of Christopher Penczak's descriptions of the dimensions and will post it as a new topic. I'd really like all of your thoughts and opinions on it. Smile

Very well put, Tony. Great post Very Happy
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:44 am

That would make an excellent new topic, babe. Hope to see it soon.
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum