The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preferred Divination Method

3 posters

Go down

Preferred Divination Method Empty Preferred Divination Method

Post  Godsmack Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:07 pm

What's your favorite tool that you use for divination?
I personally love the tarot. There's so much hidden within a deck of tarot cards. I honestly think that you will never stop learning with the tarot; they contain so many secrets and so much divine wisdom.
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Preferred Divination Method Empty Re: Preferred Divination Method

Post  Jas DelaLuna Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Anyone who knows me personally knows my answer.

The Tarot

It is, and always will be, in my opinion, the be all and end all of Divination. Its got everything from years of history, to beautiful artwork, symbolism, to psychology, and so much more.

They are good for much more than divining too, they are an excellent tool for meditation, reflection, and ascension.

The tarot wins hands down.
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Not to wear it out, but I agree with Tarot. I believe they work so well because the human mind processes and perceives things differently. No thought is ever quite the same, as if thoughts are snowflakes in some instances. The same cards can mean so many different things.
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:51 pm

witchx wrote:Not to wear it out, but I agree with Tarot. I believe they work so well because the human mind processes and perceives things differently. No thought is ever quite the same, as if thoughts are snowflakes in some instances. The same cards can mean so many different things.

I agree that the Tarot's strengths have a lot to do with human cognitive processes, psychology, and perception. What one sees in the cards may not be what you see. However, it is fascinating to know, that most people get very similar impressions of each card. Which is how their divinatory meaning was decided. One can have many interpretations for a card, but intuition only goes so far, there are certain aspects of each card that must remain the same for everyone, regardless of their perception.
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Oh, yes, of course. Otherwise we'd only need like two cards per deck haha. The cards are so different, yet, like you said, we have similar impressions of them plus how differently we all think individually and as a unit. The fact that they are both the "same" yet different, gives them enough paradoxical value, as intended per the Hermatic principles.
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Yes, the Law of Polarity. Nice connection, Kylie. I wasn't even aware you had studied the Hermetica. To me, it is the purest form of knowledge we have about the Universe and how it works. It is the basis of many Earth based and pagan religions/traditions. Surprisingly enough, Wicca is barely Hermetic. However other paths such as the Golden Dawn, Rosicrucianism, Esoteric Christianity, and Demonolatry base their beliefs and practices hugely on the Hermetica. Please note, that I listed Christianity and Demonolatry together. Doesnt this seem ironic? Not so many differences, after all.

Anyway, as it relates to the Tarot, I think the tarot is composed of several hermetic ideas
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down