The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Importance of "I AM" Statements

4 posters

Go down

The Importance of "I AM" Statements Empty The Importance of "I AM" Statements

Post  Godsmack Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:17 am

Most people these days do not realize the power of the words "I am". We use the statement quite liberally. "I'm tired", "I'm sleepy", "I am sad"... these are a few examples.
What people don't realize is that "I am" is the beginning of an affirmation. The moment you say "I am", you are stating that you, your soul, your existence is whatever follows those two words. If you say "I am sad", you are stating that your very soul is identified by that one emotion and, therefore, are going to be sad. If you say "I am poor", the very same thing applies to you... not to mention how open-ended that statement is. You could be poor in health, in material wealth and other aspects.
It is important that people realize how much of an effect affirmations have in their lives. Pay attention to what you say because your words hold value. Instead of saying "I am (insert word)", consider using some other words. For example, if you experiencing sadness say, "I feel sad", instead. Even better yet would be "Sadness has befallen me" or "Sadness has come upon me"... of course most people may look at you funny for saying it in that manner.
Do use affirmations for good things, though. "I am happy", "I am healthy", "I am love", etc.
I hope this article helps out those who are unaware of the power of words... Oh! One more thing! I am very glad to have you all here on this forum. Smile

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

The Importance of "I AM" Statements Empty Re: The Importance of "I AM" Statements

Post  Jas DelaLuna Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:52 am

love this article.. i gave you a positive reputation (karmicrecord point) :] i will post a more in depth reply later <3 love and light
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

The Importance of "I AM" Statements Empty A

Post  Eddie_E Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Ah, very good topic manny. I like it. Do you think this topic could go hand in hand with positive and negative energy ? Like when you talk about your self in a deeper bad way you create negativity upon your self ? Ive come to believe that negativity affects every one of us just by thinking negatively about our selfs and even others. For instance if i wish something bad upon somebody im basically cursing them to receive bad luck and bad things. Energy is a big impact on everybody.
Eddie_E
Eddie_E
Student
Student

Back to top Go down

The Importance of "I AM" Statements Empty Re: The Importance of "I AM" Statements

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:53 pm

I agree eddie energy is everything. just remember one thing though.. energy is just energy, it doesnt reflect what happens to our soul ultimately. cursing is an acceptable part of magick, so long as you are willing to stand behind it 200%
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:05 pm

You've also got to remember that energy can be positive or negative, but that doesn't make it 'good' or 'bad'. It's simply a state, like hot or cold. When you say positive, it doesn't necessarily mean 'good'. However, people have added that association to positive and negative, interestingly enough.
I do not believe in karma as other people do. If you think about it... if someone is to receive punishment for their deeds, by what means would that manifest? If you killed someone and then someone killed you, you paid the price with your life, yes.... but what of the other person? They, too, have committed a crime that needs to be paid. If that is the case, then the cycle is endless... I believe we are conduits of karma. We choose which actions we make. There are repercussions for the actions you choose to make, however, a higher being doesn't necessarily make sure that you are punished for your actions. Those are my beliefs, though.

Love and Light,

Blessed Be.
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:21 pm

manny i agree with you on all points, youve grown so much
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:30 pm

manny i agree with you on all points, youve grown so much
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Smile I'm glad I can make you proud. Smile
Godsmack
Godsmack

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:14 am

I loved this Smile
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 pm

I use affirmations/ I am statements occasionally. Usually in front of a mirror. Ive heard they are much more effective when done everyday.

You put positive thoughts out into the universe and your chances of receiving higher energy go up. Smile
Jas DelaLuna
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 am

I agree these statements are very important. All too often, we, as flawed beings, tend to think down on ourselves in times of hardship and point out flaws in ourselves and in others. Its too easy to make a statement, such as "I am shit to you" or "I am worthless", etc and while this is us trying to portray our feelings to someone, we should try to word it differently and more optimistically. Instead of saying that you indeed ARE, fully, "worthless", its best to try to say "I feel like I am worth nothing right now" or instead of "I'm shit to you" maybe say "I feel like I don't really mean anything to you right now". I feel that its important to include "right now" when it comes to negative "I am" statements because surely you don't feel that way ALL the time, at least I pray not. In our minds, statements flow in and out of our brains daily. The way we take certain things and process them lays within words. Politics use wordplay very often, and I, as an evolved individual, have learned how to play on words as well. I can't think of a very good example, but here is a bad one Razz

Person A: "Is he finished with his homework?"
Person B: "Yeah, I think he's already finished"

That would imply to person A that he is finished with his work. Now, let's look at it again. Let's say person B instead replied "Umm, I think he may be finished already." That implies that he isn't finished, but should be soon. Hopefully this makes sense to you all and I'm not just crazy! Haha, I believe by playing on words you can imply sooo many different things by hardly even changing the words you use. Mind you, this has nothing to do with the TONE of which you speak, just the wording. Tones are a whole different story and usually much easier to manipulate. Its not hard to change the tone of your voice, it is however difficult to speak in a manner that you typically would not in order "trick" someone or imply something. WOW! Anyway, I digress >.<
witchx
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

https://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum